Harland & Wolff are to manufacture eight turbine jacket foundations at their newly acquired yard in Methil, Fife, for use at Neart na Gaoithe (NnG) offshore wind farm. The £26m contract is due to commence on 1 July and is anticipated to support around 260 jobs.
Today’s news follows previous wins in the Forth and Tay Offshore cluster region including:
- Forth Ports securing the contract to assemble NnG’s 54 turbines at Port of Dundee
- Eyemouth Harbour being selected to serve as the O&M base for NnG
- Partac being appointed to conduct marine surveys
- Montrose Bag Company being contracted to supply staff and contractors kit bags
- The appointment of StormGeo to provide weather intelligence and advanced data science
- A contract for Merrick Training to provide training for off-road driving skills
Construction of EDF Renewables’ 450MW Neart na Gaoithe (NnG) offshore wind farm is currently underway 15.5 km off the Fife coast. The project covers an area of approximately 105 km² and is due for completion in 2023.
For more information visit the Neart na Gaoithe website here.