** Join the ScotWind webinar on 25th June 2020 - click here for more information **
ScotWind enables companies at the cutting edge of offshore renewables to apply to build Scotland’s new generation of offshore wind farms and help power the transition to a net zero future. Highlights include:
- Total investment in ScotWind Leasing projects could potentially surpass £8bn
- ScotWind could deliver more than enough green electricity to power every Scottish household
- Over 6 million tonnes of CO2 could be saved per year
- Measures included to promote and enhance the supply chain to help ensure projects can be developed
The multi-billion pound investment opportunity will form a major part of Scotland’s green recovery. It’s anticipated that ScotWind will significantly increase the amount of power generated from offshore renewables, a major step towards meeting the Scottish Government’s target of Scotland being net zero by 2045.
As part of any lease application, developers will have to submit a supply chain development statement, outlining how they plan to engage with and utilise supply chain to successfully develop their projects. It will include:
- Information on the geographical location of supply chain activity
- Evidence relating to how their plan can be fulfilled
Lynsey Shovlin, Supply Chain Partner for Offshore Wind Scotland, said: "ScotWind represents one of the most significant projects ever undertaken in Scotland. Scottish agencies, clusters and partners will work closely to promote opportunities for the local supply chain companies who will be integral for the successful development of ScotWind projects."
Scottish businesses are encouraged to register for free on the Scottish Offshore Wind directory. This searchable database has been developed on behalf of the Offshore Wind community in Scotland to promote Scottish capabilities and to connect Scottish supply chain companies with domestic and international opportunities.
More information on how ScotWind Leasing will work can be found here.